R&D Technician (Medical Device)
We're seeking an R&D technician to join our exciting, fast-paced company. This exciting position is for the individual who wants to broaden their skills and take on diverse responsibilities as part of a fast-growing advanced medical technology company that will impact millions of lives. If you are looking for a work environment with a positive culture that will empower and challenge you, we encourage you to submit your resume for review. The ideal candidate will be part of the research & design process for product development. Candidate will have the opportunity to learn state of the art skills related to 3D printing, computer design, laser fabrication, and scanning electron microscopy. Candidate will also develop manual dexterity skills related to manufacturing dental appliances. Awesome positive attitude required.
- Creates and/or revisions of 3D models and assembly drawings.
- 3D print models as required.
- Familiarity with ANSI Y14.5 drafting standards.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must understand timeliness to complete work and meet standard metrics requirements.
- Ability to comprehend and learn new things at a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent manual dexterity and ability to use manual, electric, and pneumatic hand tools.
- Ability to learn and execute component assembly as follows:
- Fastening of parts and subassemblies together (sometimes under a microscope)
- Cleaning of parts and subassemblies
- Operating standard dental related hand tools
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance.
- Assist in engineering test protocol execution and knowledge of documentation of data being gathered is a plus but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend written procedures in English. Technical writing skills a plus.
- Ability to maintain focus and work in a production environment and stay on pace.
- Ability to use basic computer applications including, but not limited to:
- Prior knowledge of medical device manufacturing assembly is a plus but not required, training will be provided.
- Solidworks and Materilise 3-matic.
- Problem solving skills in collision avoidance.
- Understands medical device manufacturing industry and cGMP.
- Previous work/samples related to medtech for Dental/Ortho a plus.
- Ability to take direction and perform with minimal supervision.
- A.S. Degree in Drafting/CAD Technology.
High School Diploma or GED
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Salary: $15-19/ hour depending on experience
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, vision and disability insurances
ABOUT SWIFT HEALTH SYSTEMS INC.:
Located in the hotbed of innovation near Irvine's University Research Park, we are a fast-paced Silicon Valley backed dental device company. If you are looking for a work environment with a positive culture that will empower and challenge you, we encourage you to submit your resume for review.